Wine tasting in prestigious wine cellars, typical local dishes and funny anecdotes from the world of cycling: we offer you an unforgettable experience between the Costa degli Etruschi and the Val di Cecina, cycling on the Strade Grigie with Paolo Bettini and Johan Museeuw.. In a mixture of gravel, food, wine and evocative views, two world champions will lead you on exciting bike rides to discover a unique territory, along the romantic off roads that outline the wild character of the inland hills of this corner of Tuscany.
The participation in the second edition of Geo Gravel Tuscany will complete this total immersion in a field as magical and fascinating as the one of geothermal energy.
Cycling, champions, culture, traditional dishes and glasses of wine: the perfect combination for an unforgettable holiday.
Day 1 | Wednesday 29 May 2024
Welcome to Tuscany!
- Arrive at a charming resort perched on a poetic hill overlooking the unspoilt landscape of the Costa degli Etruschi.
- Meet and greet with the team
- Briefing by Paolo Bettini and Johan Museeuw
- Bike fitting
- Dinner at the resort, where you will be able to taste typical dishes accompanied by a good Tuscan wine.
Day 2 | Thursday 30 May 2024
Bike ride & visit to a biodynamic winery, discovering the landscape and gastronomic treasures of the area.
- Breakfast with local products, surrounded by the birdsong and the tranquillity of the hills.
- Cycle with Paolo Bettini, Johan Museeuw and Silvia Parietti between the coast and the hinterland, discovering the authentic Mediterranean atmosphere with its colours and characteristic scents.
- Visit, tasting and lunch at a local winery where art and sustainability meet, symbolising the union between man and nature.
- Return to the resort
- Dinner in a typical Tuscan osteria, where you can rediscover old flavours and traditional recipes in a characteristic atmosphere.
Day 3 | Friday 31 May 2024
Bike ride and visit to a Tuscan winery of excellence, symbol of the world’s great red wines.
- Breakfast with local products, surrounded by birdsong and the tranquillity of the hills.
- Ride with Johan Museeuw and Silvia Parietti in the area famous throughout the world for the production of Super Tuscan wines.
- Visit to an excellent wine cellar in Bolgheri.
- Lunch at a charming osteria in the village of Castagneto Carducci
- Departure by bike to reach Pomarance, the heart of geothermal energy
- Dinner in an exceptional setting, immersed in the tranquillity of the Tuscan countryside.
Day 4 | Saturday 1 June 2024
Ancient villages and DJ set
- Breakfast with typical products, tasting flavours unaltered by time
- Social ride with Paolo Bettini, Johan Museeuw and Silvia Parietti
- Visit to the ancient village of Querceto, which offers an incredible view of the sea of hills in the Cecina Valley.
- Visit to the wine cellar that bears the mark of the wine-making history of this poetic village..
- Lunch at a local tavern, surrounded by the walls of the Querceto Castle, a millenary witness to the town’s gastronomic history.
- Return to your accommodation.
- Dinner in Pomarance, the heart of the Geo Festival, where you can taste Tuscan street food and enjoy the evening with music and DJs.
Day 5 | Sunday 2 June 2024
GeoGravel Tuscany. This is pure gravel.
- Second edition of GeoGravel Tuscany: an immersive experience among the Strade Grigie of Tuscany to experience gravel in its most authentic sense.
The fee includes
- Accommodation in double room. A single room supplement of € 200.00 will be added to the price.
- Food & Beverage: full board with water and wine with meals from dinner on the first day to breakfast on the last day.
- Pasta party at the end of the race.
- All activities included in the travel program
- Tour leader Rolling Dreamers
- Participation (race pack included) in the GeoGravel
- Preparation for the GeoGravel under the guidance and supervision of Paolo Bettini and Johan Museeuw.
The fee does not include
- Drinks ordered by guests outside the stipulated amount, which will be the responsibility of the guest.
- E-bike and bike rental – by reservation
- Anything not expressly stated in “the fee includes” section.
- Sports nutrition
- Laundry service for cycling clothes
- Professional mechanic during all outings
Tourist package created and operated by Rolling Dreamers